From Naples Building Department
- Owners cannot do the work as an owner/builder. Florida building code does not allow owner/builders to work on multifamily units, MUST be by a licensed building contractor.
- A full FEMA packet must be completed with a full breakdown of cost and backup.
- The City is not accepting the Collier County Property Appraiser’s improved value for the unit to demonstrate SI/SD allowance amount. You must use either; 1. Replacement value from the association’s flood policy, or; 2. Private appraisal. (building amount will be divided by the total units in the building. The allowable amount is 50% of the unit amount).
- The City is only allowing recovery to pre-Ian conditions, with no improvements, or remodels.
- A permit must be for full recovery, and cannot stage or divide work among multiple permits.
- They will allow 1 permit per building (for all 4 units) if one contractor is doing the work for all units, for the full scope of work.
- Will require 1 permit per unit if multiple contractors are working on the units within the building.
- Will allow change of contractor, midway through the permit. (for example, if one contractor is doing drywall, and another contractor is doing finishing work).
Adam Northrup, Project Manager | Elite Permits of Naples
2670 North Horseshoe Drive, Suite 205, Naples FL 34104 | 239-280-0570